APPEC’s objectives for astroparticle physics:
The strategic and implementation objectives of APPEC are the following:
- Provide a discussion forum for the coordination of European Astroparticle Physics and express collective views on astroparticle physics in international fora.
- Develop and update long term strategies (e.g. roadmap for European astroparticle physics) and participate in European scientific strategy such as the European Strategy Session of CERN Council and ESFRI.
- Develop closer relationships with organisations involved in Astroparticle Physics research
such as CERN, ESA, ESO.
- Facilitate and enhance the coordination between existing or developing national activities.
- Develop a common action plan for large astroparticle physics infrastructure based on the Roadmap for European Astroparticle Physics.
- Facilitate the convergence of future large scale projects and/or facilities.
- Provide organisational advice for the implementation of future large scale projects/facilities, for instance initiate and/or accompany the creation of resource
review boards for international collaborative projects where the national fundingagencies are involved.
Initiate and guide activities funded by the European Commission (ERA-NET, IA, Prep-Phase).
- Launch common actions including common calls funded by a virtual common pot.