APPEC’s objectives for astroparticle physics:
- Provide a discussion forum for the coordination of European astroparticle physics and express collective views on astroparticle physics in international fora.
- Develop and update long term strategies (e.g. roadmap for European astroparticle physics) and participate in European scientific strategy (e.g. European Strategy Session of CERN Council and ESFRI).
- Develop closer relationships with organizations such as CERN, ESA, ESO.
- Facilitate and enhance the coordination between existing national activities or developing new ones.
- Develop a common action plan for large astroparticle physics infrastructure based on the European roadmap.
- Facilitate the convergence of future large scale projects or facilities and provide organizational advice for their implementation.