The 9th International Conference on Acoustic and Radio EeV Neutrino Detection Activities will be hosted at Monasterio San Martin Pinario, Santiago de Compostela on May 26 – 29, 2020. ARENA 2020 will be the 9th International Conference in a series of events bringing together experts in the use of acoustic and radio techniques for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays and neutrinos.
The new amazing discoveries reported from high-energy neutrino, gamma-ray and gravitational wave detectors have started the exciting era of multi-messenger astronomy, opening a new window to the most extreme universe.
ARENA 2020 is the major bi-annual event for scientists to pioneer, develop and consolidate techniques for ultra-high-energy particle detection, paving the way to the future.
The workshop covers the following topics, comprising theory, simulation, and existing and future experiments:
- Ultra-high-energy (UHE) cosmic-rays and neutrinos, theory of production.
- Radio-detection of UHE neutrinos and cosmic rays.
- Acoustic detection of UHE neutrinos and cosmic rays.
- Experimental techniques of acoustic and radio detection.
- Radio emission from particle showers in dense media/air (theory and simulation)
- Related detection technologies (microwave, radar, ultrafast magnetic sensing…)
- Interdisciplinary relations: radio and acoustic techniques used in other fields of science.
Further information: http://www.arena-conference.com/index.php