Public Awareness of Research Infrastructures – Call for Abstracts
28 April 2015
Workshop on “Public awareness of Research Infrastructures: – Expectations – Experiences – Examples”
Venue: European Southern Observatory, Garching (near Munich), Germany, 18-19th June 2015
The workshop is co-organised by the Association of European-level Research Infrastructure Facilities (ERF-AISBL), the Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Zentrum (MLZ) and the European Southern Observatory (ESO).
Scope of the workshop:
A common task of large scale, European Research Infrastructures is to disseminate their achievements and capabilities to funding bodies as well as to the general public. Similar expectations on Public Relations (PR) concern large public funded projects like Integrated Infrastructure Initiatives (EU) or other big consortia (national projects). The aim of this workshop is to bring together representatives from funding agencies with facility and project managers to discuss the needs and expectations of dissemination activities. It should act as a forum for information officers to share experience of their work.
- What do science organisations expect from PR?
- How is PR organised at large scale Research Infrastructures?
- Communicating the socio-economic return of large scale facilities
- Using social media for science communication
- Communication to target groups
- Addressing the media and journalists
- PR of a facility under construction
- Public engagement with large scale facilities
- Risk communication
- PR of European projects
Deadline for abstract submission: 1st of March 2015